Welcome to one of the most successful solution providers and technology suppliers for communication solutions in industrial automation.
Our more than 300 employees in Germany, Europe, the US and Asia work professionally and with enjoyment to ensure that our PC cards, gateways, OEM plug-in modules or ASICs are used by leading companies across the globe to communicate between automation devices and controls. Our many years’ experience and substantial innovation, combined with the team spirit of all our colleagues, have made us a world leader with our portfolio of solutions for fieldbuses and Real-Time Ethernet.
And it doesn’t stop there... We offer unique solutions for IoT communication from the sensor up to the cloud thanks to our new “Industry 4.0 / Industrial Internet" product range.
For our product development (application) department at the site in Hattersheim am Main, with the earliest possible start date, we are looking for a Software Developer (m/f/d).
- Development of software for industrial communications technology
- Analysis of the tasks internally or the client
- Creation of performance and requirements specifications
- Project planning, management and estimate of costs and expenditure
- Development of the software structure
- Development and documentation of the software
- Commissioning and second-level support, possibly also at the client
- Software updates
- You will have successfully completed a degree (through a vocational apprenticeship, technical college or univer-sity) in automation, information technology, electro-technology or a related discipline
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in programming embedded system using the programming language C is necessary
- Experience of testing the software you have written yourself with the help of an emulator
- Experience of developing software with hard real-time requirements based on a real-time operating system
- Basic knowledge in the area of Ethernet/TCP/IP are beneficial but not essential
- Technical understanding of circuit diagrams and PCB designs beneficial
- You are a team player and enjoy working in an agile team of developers
- 0% boredom: exciting tasks in a young, technically-focused company
- 100% planning reliability: an open-ended employment contract with attractive terms and conditions
- Team spirit: a motivated team, with experienced, open-minded and helpful co-workers
- Continuing education: available (and desired!) at any time by way of training days, the library, webinars etc, as well as by learning from experienced colleagues and passing on your own knowledge
- Lots of benefits: flexi-time, adequate parking spaces, most accessible public transport links, various shopping facilities nearby, coffee, tea and water free of charge, a range of sports on offer, flu jab, a subsidised midday meal, casual week, and lots more
- And not least: Hilscher is inherently a family-run business. We value personal contact, and promote an open-minded, performance-orientated and employee-focused management culture
Are you on the lookout for a company at the forefront of technology and innovation, that stretches and promotes you in the long term?
Then support our team! We are not looking for career types, who prefer to work with their elbows, rather than their head, but colleagues who enjoy challenges, like to have a laugh from time to time, and join in with commitment.