Welcome to one of the most successful development and production companies for communication solutions in industrial automation.
Our more than 300 employees in Germany, Europe, the US and Asia work professionally and with enjoyment to ensure that our PC cards, gateways, OEM plug-in modules or ASICs are used by leading companies across the globe to communicate between automation devices and controls. Our many years’ experience and considerable innovation, combined with the team spirit of all our colleagues, have made us a world leader with our portfolio of solutions for fieldbuses and Real-Time Ethernet.
For our netX tools department at our site in Hattersheim am Main, with the earliest possible start date, we are looking for an Software Developer for ROM Code of Embedded Systems (m/f/d).
- You will provide basic functions, for example, booting external flash drives, debugging interfaces, secure booting and programming interfaces for our ARM Cortex-based network controller family netX.
- Specification, development, verification and documentation of ROM codes and of the development tools will form part of your key duties.
- You will update tools for Windows/Linux development to support your colleagues in the areas of debugging, safe booting and programming flash drives.
- You will particularly focus on modularity, recycling and maintainability.
- You will apply appropriate continuous integration methods in the development.
- You will have successfully completed a degree (through a vocational apprenticeship, technical college or university) in automation, information technology, electro-technology or a related discipline.
- Several years’ experience of the programming languages ARM assembler, C/C++, Python and/or Lua
- Several years’ professional experience in the specification and documentation for software programs
- Several years’ experience with tools for version management, such as SVN and GIT
- Several years’ professional experience with CI tools, such as Jenkins, Bitbucket and Gitlab
- Professional experience with debuggers, such as Lauterbach and/or OpenOCD, are required.
- Professional experience in the development of USB/IO drivers for Windows and/or Linux
- Professional experience with Ethernet protocols at TCP/IP and UDP level
- Professional experience with the development of assembler/c-compilers based on LLVM for embedded CPUs are an advantage.
- Good knowledge of German and English
- You are a team player and enjoy creating development tools as part of an agile team of developers.
- 0% boredom: exciting tasks in a young, technically-focused company
- 100% planning reliability: an open-ended employment contract with attractive terms and conditions
- Team spirit: a motivated team with experienced, open-minded and helpful co-workers
- Continuing education: available (and desired!) at any time by way of training days, the library, webinars etc.
- Learning from experienced colleagues and passing on your knowledge
- Innovation: working with the most advanced technologies and enjoying a lot of leeway in regard to organizing your procedures and workflows
Are you on the lookout for a company at the forefront of technology and innovation, that will stretch and promote you in the long term?
Then support our team! We are not looking for career types, who prefer to work with their elbows, rather than their head, but colleagues who enjoy challenges, like to have a laugh from time to time, and join in with commitment.