Welcome to one of the most successful solution providers and technology suppliers for communication solutions in industrial automation.
Our more than 300 employees in Germany, Europe, the US and Asia work professionally and with enjoyment to ensure that our PC cards, gateways, OEM plug-in modules or ASICs are used by leading companies across the globe to communicate between automation devices and controls. Our many years’ experience and considerable innovation, combined with the team spirit of all our colleagues, have made us a world leader with our portfolio of solutions for fieldbuses and Real-Time Ethernet.
We are continuing with our innovation technology group at our new development innovation site in Lemgo. As a technology provider, our motivation is to further develop the digitalization of machines and systems together with our partners (consisting of CIIT members, customers and project-specific consortia) on site in Lemgo with innovative technologies and to implement the results that have been tested for their interoperability in production and in their own smart production.
To expand our research and development division Innovation Technology, for the earliest possible start date at our site at the Science to Business Center (CIIT) in Lemgo, we are seeking a Software Developer for Innovative Communication (m/f/d).
- As a software developer, you will analyze use cases and requirements, produce concepts and specifications for innovation (communication) solutions in digital smart production and the machine digitalization in OT, IT and IIOT and implement these.
- You will evaluate technologies and implement solutions in the context of the Hilscher production platform, process production and communication data and use these to generate added value for future solutions for machines and systems.
- You will develop and refine proof of concepts from existing and new technologies in data value, digital twin, AI & ML, cloud and much more.
- Collaborating with partners, you will take proof of concepts into service on site in their systems (e.g. smart factory OWL), test these for errors and usability and investigate their potential and innovation.
- You will visualize newly developed solutions and processes for proof of concepts by means of web technologies.
- Cooperation with the Innovation Technology Group in Hattersheim, the handover of components developed from there to internal development departments and the cooperation with partners at the level of technology as part of research projects will form part of your day-to-day work.
- You will have successfully completed a degree (through a vocational apprenticeship, technical college, university or university of applied sciences) in automation, information technology, electrotechnology or a related discipline.
- Experience of communications, primarily Ethernet, IP and systems communication and technologies, such as OPC UA, PROFINET, EtherCAT, TSN
- Significant experience of Linux and its command lines, dockers, optionally real-time operating systems
- You enjoy practical applications, are able to commission test setups and proof of concepts by networking electrical components and possessing a basic knowledge of these.
- Experience of data processing and relevant software (Matlab/Octave)
- Optionally, you will also be very familiar with database systems and their visualization, such as MySGL, Oracle, SQL, InfluxDB, Grafana and with cloud applications like Azure or AWS.
- You will work closely and intensively with CIIT partners, customers and project partners on site and with the innovation department in Hattersheim, so that a willingness to travel to partners and the head office in Hattersheim are prerequisite.
- We expect you to work independently and with commitment, demonstrate commercial acumen and be very quality conscious, be a talented communicator and be assertive, and above all, be able to work as part of a team.
- A good knowledge of German and English is crucial.
- 0% boredom: exciting tasks in a young, technically focused company
- 100% planning reliability: an open-ended employment contract with attractive terms and conditions
- Team spirit: a motivated team, with experienced, open-minded and helpful co-workers
- Continuing education: available (and desired!) at any time by way of training days, webinars etc, as well as by learning from experienced colleagues and passing on your own knowledge
- Benefits: flexible working, sufficient parking spaces, subsidized lunch, casual week and much more
- And it is important not to underestimate that Hilscher is a family business through and through. We value personal contact, and promote an open-minded, performance-orientated and employee-focused management culture.
Are you on the lookout for a company at the forefront of technology and innovation, that stretches and promotes you in the long term?
Then support our team! We are not looking for career types, who prefer to work with their elbows, rather than their head, but colleagues who enjoy challenges, like to have a laugh from time to time, and join in with commitment.