Welcome to one of the most successful solution providers and technology suppliers for communication solutions in industrial automation.
Our more than 300 employees in Germany, Europe, the US and Asia work professionally and with enjoyment to ensure that our PC cards, gateways, OEM plug-in modules or ASICs are used by leading companies across the globe to communicate between automation devices and controls. Our many years’ experience and considerable innovation, combined with the team spirit of all our colleagues, have made us a world leader with our portfolio of solutions for fieldbuses and Real-Time Ethernet.
We are continuing with our innovation technology group at our new development innovation site in Lemgo. As a technology provider, our motivation is to further develop the digitalization of machines and systems together with our partners (consisting of CIIT members, customers and project-specific consortia) on site in Lemgo with innovative technologies and to implement the results that have been tested for their interoperability in production and in their own smart production.
To expand our research and development division Innovation Technology, for the earliest possible start date at our site at the Science to Business Center (CIIT) in Lemgo, we are seeking an Innovation Engineer (m/f/d).
- As an innovation engineer you will be the contact and driving force for matters concerning digitalization, factory automation and IT for machine and systems building.
- You will prepare in-depth and technical material about industrial IOT in terms of machines and production systems and will use this to create use cases. You will draft requirements and concepts for an applications-based, dynamic smart production in OT, IT and IIOT in collaboration with CIIT partners, such as the smart factory OWL.
- You will devise strategies that further develop the digitalization of machine building through the use of digital twins and the application of cloud systems.
- You will generate added value from the production data, including in the areas of failure safety and predictive maintenance.
- You will recognize trends for future applications and their use cases, appraise market responses and investigate the ability to implement in practice with proof of concepts with partners and customers and will refine these periodically.
- Cooperation with the Innovation Technology Group in Hattersheim, the handover of components developed from there to internal development departments and the cooperation with partners at the level of technology as part of research projects will form part of your day-to-day work.
- You will have successfully completed a degree (through a vocational apprenticeship, technical college, university or university of applied sciences) in machine and systems engineering, automation, information technology, electrotechnology or a related discipline.
- Several years’ professional experience of machine and systems engineering, technical and financial experience in the setup, networking and digitalization of production systems and machines and connecting them to MES systems.
- Expertise and experience in discrete production and its digitalization, with regard to the machine and system level.
- You will have experience in the area of communications, primarily Ethernet, IP and system communication, such as OPC UA, PROFINET, EtherCAT, TSN and will be fully conversant with the principles of electrical engineering.
- You will enjoy experimenting, implementing practical setups and networking a variety of electrical components.
- You will work closely and intensively with CIIT partners, customers and project partners on site and with the innovation department in Hattersheim, so that a willingness to travel to partners and the HQ in Hattersheim are prerequisite.
- We expect you to work independently and with commitment, demonstrate commercial acumen and be very quality conscious, be a talented communicator and be assertive, and above all, be able to work as part of a team.
- A good knowledge of German and English is crucial.
- 0% boredom: exciting tasks in a young, technically focused company
- 100% planning reliability: an open-ended employment contract with attractive terms and conditions
- Team spirit: a motivated team, with experienced, open-minded and helpful co-workers
- Opportunities for further training are possible (and desired!) at any time by way of training days, webinars etc, as well as by learning from experienced colleagues and passing on your own knowledge.
- Benefits: flexible working, sufficient parking spaces, subsidized lunch, casual week and much more
- And it is important not to underestimate that Hilscher is a family business through and through. We value personal contact, and promote an open-minded, performance-orientated and employee-focused management culture.
Are you on the lookout for a company at the forefront of technology and innovation, that stretches and promotes you in the long term?
Then support our team! We are not looking for career types, who prefer to work with their elbows, rather than their head, but colleagues who enjoy challenges, like to have a laugh from time to time, and join in with commitment.