Welcome to one of the most successful development and production companies for communication solutions in industrial automation.
Our more than 300 employees in Germany, Europe, the US and Asia work professionally and with enjoyment to ensure that our PC cards, gateways, OEM plug-in modules or ASICs are used by leading companies across the globe to communicate between automation devices and controls. Our many years’ experience and considerable innovation, combined with the team spirit of all our colleagues, have made us a world leader with our portfolio of solutions for fieldbuses and Real-Time Ethernet.
For our netX tools department at our site in Hattersheim am Main, with the earliest possible start date, we are looking for an Engineer for the ROM Code Development for 32bit ARM platforms (m/f/d).
ROM code provides basic functions, for example, booting external flash drives, debugging interface, secure booting and programming interfaces for our ARM-based network controller family netX. A key task is the development, verification and documentation of the ROM code. Tools are also to be developed and updated for development support. The areas these tools cater for include debugging, safe booting, programming flash drives and proving compilers and are used both on Windows and Linux. Modularity, reuse and maintenance are particularly important. Continuous improvement methods are used in the development.
- You will have successfully completed a degree (through a vocational apprenticeship, technical college or university) in automation, information technology, electro-technology or a related discipline.
- Several years’ experience of the programming languages ARM assembler, C/C++, Python and/or Lua
- Several years’ experience of documentation for software programs
- Several years’ experience with tools for version management, such as SVN and GIT
- Several years’ professional experience with CI tools, such as Jenkins, Bitbucket and Gitlab
- Professional experience in the development of USB/IO drivers for Windows and/or Linux
- Professional experience of OpenOCD would be beneficial.
- Professional experience of the development of c-compilers for embedded CPUS would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of German and English
- You are a team player and enjoy developing development tools as part of an agile team of developers.
- 0% boredom: exciting tasks in a young, technically-focused company
- 100% planning reliability: an open-ended employment contract with attractive terms and conditions
- Team spirit: a motivated team with experienced, open-minded and helpful co-workers
- Continuing education: available (and desired!) at any time by way of training days, the library, webinars etc.
- Learning from experienced colleagues and passing on your knowledge
- Innovation: working with the most advanced technologies and enjoying a lot of leeway in regard to organizing your procedures and workflows
Are you on the lookout for a company at the forefront of technology and innovation, that will stretch and promote you in the long term?
Then support our team! We are not looking for career types, who prefer to work with their elbows, rather than their head, but colleagues who enjoy challenges, like to have a laugh from time to time, and join in with commitment.